unfreezing of 80% on Genesis accounts recently activated on EOSforce

EOS原力 1 Months+ 135

The original post appeared in the forum in December 26 under the user brspma. 
It had been reposted due to the update of the forum.

Hi, first of all, thank you for your hard work -it is amazing to see EOSforce, an EOS sister blockchain, growing so fast. Congrats for that.

I am writing this new thread though to invite EOSforce BPs to rethink and hopefully unfreeze 80% on Genesis accounts recently activated on EOSforce. I've just written on your telegram chat, https://t.me/eosforce_en/3581 , and now I write on here in the hope that sooner than later EOSforce BPs join in the decision in favor of Western brothers and sisters EOS investors.

Thank you!

New Post (8)
  • EOS原力 1 Months+
    Quote 2Floor
    cryptonition :

Hi Guys, I support the above request. While it might be a good idea to lock up the tokens of unactivated tokens in the long term, for now it would be wise to make the decission to make it temporarily, in order to give everyone some time everyone get on board. The reception of tokens being locked up is making people angry (you may want to check on telegram). Most of us did not know about this EOS sister chain and the lock up is not very welcoming. I for example heard about EOS Force, but I thought you are a BP on the mainnet. Now that I known I was wrong, IMHO every of your BPs should spend few months of solid marketing on Twiter, YouTube, Medium, etc. to spread some awareness in the community making people aware that you are making a sister chain like 

Telos, but different. Then maybe after few months lock the tokens permanently, but not 80% at once, rather do it step by step - 5% each month of a token holder's account's. This kind of "melting down the account" would give some time for the word to be spread out and incentivise people to get in. In the meantime it's better not to make people discouraged. I would advise to make very quick decission about the lockup being temporary and announce it is temporary (until some point of time). Just my 2 cents. Good luck!
  • EOS原力 1 Months+
    Quote 3Floor
    fasterv12 :

Hi.. I have been following EOS almost every day since july 2017 and only learned of EOSForce this last week from a Youtube video. I have just loaded up my two Genesis accounts on Mathwallet as Scatter10.3 does not work with EOSForce. The 80% lock up is very very frustrating. Are there BPs that want to unlock the 80% tokens as I would like to vote for them with the 20% I have
  • EOS原力 1 Months+
    Quote 4Floor
    Pofick :

I also agree with unlocking freezed accounts! You could delay the freezing for at least couple of months.
  • EOS原力 1 Months+
    Quote 5Floor
    fasterv12 :

Thanks will vote for them
  • EOS原力 1 Months+
    Quote 6Floor
    billsou :

Convert locked tokens into rewards for Recommender and newly registered users.
  • EOS原力 1 Months+
    Quote 7Floor
    crypto_oz :

Hi, I only recently learnt of EOSC and while I think there are some excellent ideas, the lockup does little to help onboard new users or build a community. Instead of talking about dapps, user adoption and the alternative approach, this issue will be a constant talking point until resolved. 

I agree with the other ideas above. I suggest unlocking all tokens, create awareness of the network, then provide sufficient time to enable people to decide on their course of action. At the end of the awareness period, burn the tokens so the issue can never resurface. 

Alternatively, if there are no plans for supernodes to unlock, which in my view is the most likely outcome, tokens should be burned as soon as possible to end the speculation. 

Thanks all.  
  • gpmn 1 Months+
    Quote 8Floor
    I wish the locked token could unlocked in one day, but it need entire community grown up to accept it.
  • scorpinz 1 Months+
    Quote 9Floor
    I also wish to write in support of this too. I only found out about EOSC and EOS Force at Christmas period. In the western world, this information was slow to come to us. I am online and present in the EOS community a lot and I never saw any intel coming through about this 'lock up'. I did know of EOSC from EOS genesis and I activated my account then. But still 80% locked up. I understand why the BP's may have thought it necessary. I hope they can reconsider with community support. 
Back
Create New Thread